- This issue can occur with one assignment window and not another.
- When this issue occurs, the assign window is not visible on screen but shows as open in the ALT+TAB list of active windows.
- If clicking Edit, Assign, $Assignment_type,same issue occurs as above.
- If clicking the 'Assign $type' icon on right-hand pane, same issue occurs as above.
This issue has been resolved and the fix has been included as part of the following patch sets:
- Primavera P6 EPPM / Primavera P6 PPM r22.214.171.124
- Primavera P6 EPPM / Primavera P6 PPM r126.96.36.199
All subsequent patch sets for this release version will also include the fix.
Using the Windows Control Panel, try making adjustments to the multiple monitors settings and/or screen resolutions to see if the missing window becomes visible. Once it is found, it can be moved back to the primary screen, and the new location is saved in the database with a value that will allow it to be seen in the future. It may also be possible to get the window to display by right clicking the Windows taskbar and choosing the option to cascade windows.
Use the 'Cascade Windows' option from the Windows task bar to reposition all windows on the present monitor:
- Right click windows Task Bar
- Select "Cascade Windows". This will place all windows on the monitor to be visible. Windows can then be rearranged and resized as needed.
Use the <ALT>-<SPACE>, <M> commands to drag the windows back to the active display fixes the issue when the other monitors are not available.
For low level steps:
- Alt+Tab to the window to make it active
- Click Alt+Space (user will not see any changes on screen, this is expected)
- Click 'M' key on keyboard (user will not see any changes on screen, this is expected)
- Click any Arrow key on keyboard (user will not see any changes on screen, this is expected)
- Move the mouse and the missing window should be come visible
This option can only be utilized with a local installation of Primavera P6 Professional (ClickOnce or MSI installation). The option cannot be executed if using Primavera P6 Professional through Secure Global Desktop or Citrix. If using Primavera P6 Professional through Secure Global Desktop or Citrix, you can have the affected user install P6 Professional using ClickOnce or MSI to complete these steps.
Switch the display of the workstation to a single monitor:
- Browse to Control Panel, Display, Screen Resolution, Multiple Displays
- Set: Show desktop only on 1
- Save changes
- Restart P6 Professional and re-test execution of the window.
If any of the above three solutions cannot be implemented, you can delete the user's user preferences for 'pm_settings', for this you need to contact your system administrator.